"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~ Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Yes God...I hear you!


This afternoon I went to the nail salon to get my bi-weekly fill-in and pedicure.  I was getting annoyed with the absurdly chatty lady across from me when I notice the cutest old man walk in the door.  He was probably in his 70's and had one arm in a sling.  His son was with him and helped him into the chair for his pedicure.  I thought it was kind of funny to see an old man come in to get a pedicure, but he started talking about why he was there.  In February this man had a stroke which left him partially paralyzed on his left side.  He is able to walk now, but still has no function in his arm.  He was there to get his pedicure because (according to him) he "used to take real good care of his feet, but with one arm its hard to do and those toes are a mess."  I cracked up.  He was so positive despite his situation and it made me so thankful that I was at the nail salon at just the right time so I could hear his story.  Sometimes we just need a little reminder of how good God really is to us.  I mean life is not perfect by any means, but I am so blessed to be happy and (mostly) healthy.

I've said all this because I actually do have a point.  Lately, I feel like God has been really trying to get a point across.  I've often questioned whether or not He "speaks" to me and whether or not I'd actually hear Him if/when it happened.  So as I was sitting in the nail salon having this revelation about how great my life is I felt God telling me to pay for this man's pedicure.  At first I thought, "You know that's another $20 and I still have to buy groceries," but then I remembered a sermon I heard lately about acting without question when God leads you to do something.  So with credit card in hand I quietly explained to the lady doing my nails what I would like to do and had her go ahead and ring everything up because you know how old people with sometimes refuse to let you do things for them.  This man will probably never know who I am and I'm sure I might never see him again, but it felt nice to do something for someone who had fallen on hard times. 

So the point is...NEVER EVER ignore God when he tells you to do something!  I don't know what God's purpose was in telling me to pay for that man's pedicure today, but I followed what He told me and I feel blessed to have been able to do it.  You never know how ignoring God even once can impact your life so just listen to Him...he'll never lead you wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment